Monday, January 1, 2024

Meandering Monday

 Essaying from side to side, looking for meaning in the middle

I've been working with this idea of a structure for writing, trying to produce something 6 days a week working with the grid below.

Yes, this is an all-too typical overly-ambitious idea. And no, it is not a New-Year's resolution. :) I hold it loosely and will see what I am able to do. If you read along from time to time I am grateful to be sharing the journey with you!

  • Meandering Monday: A pushing of the rope with more or less random thoughts to see if it can land anywhere worthy. Of course, as always, the joy is in the journey.

  • Ten Minute Tuesday: In this I will take 10 minutes, plus "a bit" of editing, to write about whatever comes to mind. It is rope-pushing (again) but with a quite brief deadline. I think I will attempt poetry in this, as well as a slowing down. Less is more, or so they say.

  • One Hundred Word Wednesday: This is quite the trick and I've got to find a shortcut key for checking word count! The idea is, well, to cut the word count, to be brief, to avoid wordiness, to abbreviate, to....

  • Theology Thursday: This is obvious I suppose, but I hope to take brief forays into theology proper, and some lesser-than. My first musing dealt with Colin Gunton. I will hope to deal with some richness in my own Wesleyan heritage, as well as classical literature like Imitation of Christ, Dark Night of the Soul, Confessions.... The well is deep and wide, for the Subject is infinite.

  • Fun Friday: The world of ideas is endless, or seemingly so. To think is to love the good and the God who is source of all. So on Fridays I want to morsel some idea that intrigues me in the moment, that has troubled me for years, or lands somewhere in between. I will also likely do some bio and story-telling.

  • Shabbat Saturday: Here I hope to do some meditative poetry, free verse, praying in print, no doubt preparing for my duties on the Christian Sabbath.

  • Sunday: This is my shabbat, interpreted “break.” So I will lay off writing.



No comments:

Post a Comment