Saturday, March 9, 2024

Forever

 Forever

I see the passing time and I'm no fan.
People who were here are gone,
and soon I will be, too.

Life means so much and I'm a fan.
People I'm with I know and love,
and I like it that way.

What's been will always be.
Is that what we want?
We say no, and yes. What do we know?
I do not like passing time, but
what do I propose?

Forever: I'll take that! Only forever
meets the longing of my soul.
It hurts, this passing time, these dying friends,
these passing loves and yearning for forever.

It hurts and the hurt hints
the longing will be swallowed up
in forever when all we dreamed is found in
the great I AM.

In that day we will be, and know, and love;
time forgot, joy real, everything now.

I know not what I speak, but the heart has its reasons.
I was made for the eternal and someday
I will join the forever joy that is the presence of God.



No comments:

Post a Comment