Thursday, January 7, 2021

Ministry Remnants: God is Everywhere Involved

I am reading through the Bible in 90 days, a remarkable experience. I recommend it for a sweep of the text, a big picture, an unfolding not otherwise clear.

Along the way I noticed something rising to the surface repeatedly: God is always involved. Or as I put it to a friend, "Look out! God will mess with you!"

I shared this in prayer meeting last night and reflected later that the expression "mess with you" sounds only negative. But I really mean to say that as I read through the Old Testament I realized it is sheer folly for you and I to think our lives are somehow separated from the interaction of Almighty God. Rather, I think he is always involved way more than we are aware, and a key to wisdom is to assume his involvement and ask for his guidance. 

Contrariwise, the axe at the root of the tree of all wisdom is the fruit of our secular age which teaches us not only that God is not involved, but he doesn't even exist. I say with the Apostle Paul, "It is in God, the Living God, we live and move and have our being." Be aware of this and welcome God "messing with your life" (He's doing it whether you see it or not.) If you give him half a chance, listen and follow, he will bless you abundantly. 

This I believe, this I continue to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment