Saturday, December 30, 2023

Saturday Shabbat: Note to Self on Pride

I thought this may be an apt day for meditation, quiet, preparation. The musing below came a few years ago after I had nearly complicated a project way beyond necessary. Why had this happened? Because I did not want to ask for help. The man behind the counter knew the exact answer, and turned an $80 project into $20. Why don't we ask for help? Many reasons I suppose, but when I received help I stopped and wrote down the effect on my soul, heart and mind.

Note to Self on Pride

Pride likes to masquerade as independence, even resourcefulness.
Be humble, ask for help, for information. Allow yourself to imagine you may not know the
answer. At all.

Allow the other person to help you. Maybe, just maybe, they know something you don't. Let them
share your life by making it better, more rounded, happier, freer, because better informed and
more connected.

Some lessons, through dint of repetition, finally sink in. The soul-tears are real, but happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment